Aller au contenu

L' annuaire des clubs est de retour, il ne reste plus qu'aux clubs à en faire la promotion, c'est simple, rapide et gratuit. Alors parlez-en dans vos clubs.

En savoir plus.

boboss

Liborio annonce son départ de l'ATT

Messages recommandés

Je pense que le retour à l'entrainement de Colby Covington va être plus que tendu.

Bon apparemment, d'après le boss de l'ATT, il était plus vraiment de l'ATT depuis un moment

Citation

“[Liborio] left two years ago,” said fellow ATT co-founder Dan Lambert to John Morgan for MMAjunkie. “He moved to Orlando, three hours north of here, for family issues. I made a deal with him, I said, ‘OK, I’ll keep you on the payroll. Just come down a couple days a week and train guys.’ He never came down. He got too busy up there, so I kept him on the payroll for over a year to help him out, and then earlier this year we ended it because he just hadn’t been down. But that was months and months and months ago.”

The family issues referenced by Lambert are medical complications around the blindness suffered by Liborio’s wonderful daughter Bella. Lambert also said while he doesn’t fully embrace Liborio’s condemnation of Covington’s remarks, he gets it.

“I wasn’t put off by him condemning what Colby said,” Lambert said. “That’s a normal reaction for somebody to have, especially for somebody from the country. Everybody is entitled to their opinion on that.”

“I think I’m kind of in the middle. There’s people on the one extreme end who want him killed or fired or dragged through the streets of Rio de Janeiro and declared a racist, and then you’ve got people on the other end who think it’s hilarious and think it’s true. I’m kind of in the middle. I think it’s just a young kid trying to get his name out there and stirring the pot and playing on people’s emotions to get his name in the news.

“They’re words. Do I agree with his words? I’m never going to come out and say I agree with his words. Come on. But at the end of the day, they’re just words from some kid who’s trying to get his name out there and trying to draw some attention to himself. It is what it is. I don’t like football players kneeling on Sundays when the national anthem plays, especially on 9/11 or Veterans Day, but you know what? I’m not going to call for them to be fired or killed or anything of the like. It’s their right to say what they want to say.”