Aller au contenu
mmajunkie

Brad Pickett ends retirement after 17 months, signs with ACB for August debut

Messages recommandés

Veteran bantamweight Brad Pickett has ended his retirement and will return to the cage just 17 months after declaring he was done competing for good.

It was announced today that Pickett (25-14) has signed a multi-fight deal with ACB and is expected to make his promotional debut Aug. 11 in his hometown of London.

PICKETT’S BACK! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿#ACBLondon

👊🏼@One_Punch comes out of retirement to sign a multi-fight deal!

👀 The mixed martial arts legend will make his promotional debut at ACB 91!

🎟 on sale TOMORROW at 10AM
👉🏼https://t.co/yooXf7BiGZ

📅 August 11th
🏟 Copper Box pic.twitter.com/2mJthvCRdV

— #ACB88 🇦🇺 (@ACB_League) June 14, 2018

“I’m delighted and excited to sign with ACB,” Pickett said in a press release. “They’re a great organization doing exciting things within the sport. I retired as I had fell out of love with the sport. My health and body are great, and coaching the fighters at the gym has given me a desire to return.”

Related

Pic: Here's Brad Pickett's special-edition newspaper from his retirement fight

What do we make of a career like Brad Pickett's?

Bittersweet ending for 'One Punch': Check out the photos from Brad Pickett's UFC retirement fight

Pickett, 39, last competed at UFC Fight Night 107 in March 2017. He suffered a third-round TKO loss to Marlon Vera pushing his losing skid to three consecutive fights.

“One Punch” is just 1-6 in his past seven fights overall dating back to July 2014. He left his signature hat in the middle of the UFC octagon following his loss to Vera as symbol of his retirement. He also cited an inability to take damage like earlier in his career.

It didn’t stick for long, though, because Pickett will now take his talents to ACB, and he said a matchup with fellow UFC and WEC vet Takeya Mizugaki (22-13-2) is one that’s escaped him throughout his career, but is now possible with both men in the same organization.

For more on the upcoming MMA schedule, check out the MMA Rumors section of the site.

Voir l'article complet