Sign in to follow this  
mmajunkie

Kamaru Usman ready to deliver another whooping when money, opponent are right

There’s a line of top welterweight challengers gunning for UFC champion Kamaru Usman.

Negotiations for a fight between Usman (15-1 MMA, 10-0 UFC) and both former interim welterweight champion Colby Covington and Jorge Masvidal were stalled, leaving Usman with no opponent yet.

Masvidal was then booked to headline UFC 244 vs. Nate Diaz on Nov. 2, and a potential fight with Covington has not yet come to fruition.

But the “Nigerian Nightmare” is just looking for the right opponent and the right amount of money. He hasn’t competed since winning the title at UFC 235, a dominant performance over Tyron Woodley.

Usman took to Twitter to remind everybody of his last championship winning performance.

“Y’all must’ve forgot who took out the greatest WW of all time. Y’all keep crying about me defending? Well find the right guy and right $$$ and I’ll repeat the ass whoppin!! #aficanpower #maga #superneccessary #boomroasted #leonscott”

Y’all must’ve forgot who took out the greatest WW of all time. Y’all keep crying about me defending? Well find the right guy and right 💰💰💰 and I’ll repeat the ass whoppin!! #aficanpower #maga #superneccessary #boomroasted #leonscott pic.twitter.com/CUElOJ5fhm

— KAMARU USMAN (@USMAN84kg) September 12, 2019

And he cleverly used a hashtag for each top 170-pounder, calling them out.

Since winning the championship, Usman has undergone double hernia surgery, and appears to be ready for his first title defense. With a main event already set for UFC 244 and Masvidal headlining it, all signs point to the much anticipated grudge match between Usman and Covington.

Stay tuned.

Gallery

Kamaru Usman def. Tyron Woodley at UFC 235: Best photos

Voir l'article complet