Sign in to follow this  
mmajunkie

Twitter reacts to Mackenzie Dern's loss to Amanda Ribas in return at UFC on ESPN+ 19

Mackenzie Dern’s return to competition after 18 months was spoiled on Saturday when she fell to Amanda Ribas at UFC on ESPN+ 19.

After taking a layoff to give birth to her first child, Dern (7-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) came back and experienced her first MMA blemish in a unanimous decision loss to Ribas (8-1 MMA, 2-0 UFC) in the strawweight bout, which took place at Amalie Arena in Tampa, Fla., and streamed on ESPN+.

Check below for the top Twitter reactions to Ribas’ victory over Dern at UFC on ESPN+ 19.

We’ve got a big one in the women’s strawweight division next on the #UFCTampa main card. It’s @MackenzieDern vs. @AmandaRibasUFC on ESPN+. https://t.co/H5NuiGXmV5 pic.twitter.com/ke8RjfERCe

— MMA Junkie (@MMAjunkie) October 13, 2019

#UFConESPN+ 19 Closing Betting Odds:

Mackenzie Dern (-180) vs. Amanda Ribas (+150)#UFCTampa 💵 Live Now -> @ESPN+ @BrendanFitzTV @bisping @ufc @UFCFightPass @MMAOddsBreaker https://t.co/3EsGZBNU7Z

— Nick Kalikas (@FightOdds) October 13, 2019

I seriously cannot believe this woman gave birth 4 months ago. So, we’re all just gonna pretend that not a big deal 😂#UFCTampa pic.twitter.com/2wbApWKwTc

— Tatiana Suarez (@tatianaufc) October 13, 2019

My wife gave birth 5 months ago and is stunned Dern is competing. Frankly, we're both wondering how much training was possible both before and after her child's birth. I guess we'll find out.

— Luke Thomas (@lthomasnews) October 13, 2019

Mackenzie Dern is fighting just 4 months after having a baby. Women out here trying to stay out of desk job for 6months after birth 😂😂😂#UFCTAMPA

— Derek Brunson (@DerekBrunson) October 13, 2019

She has hella power but she overcommits

— Julie Kedzie (@julesk_fighter) October 13, 2019

Dern is the female Maia – and not in the good way. Her stand up is average at best. Go for a takedown, lady.

— Ant Evans (@AntEvansMMA) October 13, 2019

Love the bodywork from Ribas… the body language will not looking good for Dern if this keeps up…

— Dan Tom (@DanTomMMA) October 13, 2019

10-9 Ribas

The timing was the story in that round. Dern's timing looked way off and Ribas was striking with great precision.

A bad combo for Dern in the 1st.

— Aaron Bronsteter (@aaronbronsteter) October 13, 2019

Front kick to the boobies and heel kicks to the butt .

— Jessica Eye (@jessicaevileye) October 13, 2019

Dern may believe in that power a little too much

— caposa (@Grabaka_Hitman) October 13, 2019

Ribas proving all her supporters right that round, while Dern looking like a young fighter in over their head. Let’s see what round two brings…

— Dan Tom (@DanTomMMA) October 13, 2019

That feeling when you have way too much money on Mackenzie Dern…

— Paul Shaughnessy (@PaulShag) October 13, 2019

Dern needs to increase her athleticism, calmness in the pocket and takedown abilities. Essentially, MMA #UFC

— Dave Camarillo (@DaveCamarillo) October 13, 2019

This is a fun fight

— Julie Kedzie (@julesk_fighter) October 13, 2019

Mackenzie Dern needs a finish in Tampa. Amanda Ribas up 20-18 after two.

— Guilherme Cruz (@guicruzzz) October 13, 2019

To clarify: I'm not saying her performance should be beyond reproach. I had Ribas taking this one, because I think she's a more complete MMA fighter. There's a difference between being critical and being an asshole.

— Fernanda Prates (@NandaPrates_) October 13, 2019

@MackenzieDern Great fight so far from both ladies- but win or lose- I’m proud of that girl! I’m not even a mother & she looks amazing & is performing well. THATS the definition of girl power. 🌸🥊Get it girl. @ufc @BlackHouseMMA #UFCTampa

— Ashlee Evans-Smith (@AshleeMMA) October 13, 2019

Mackenzie Dern needs to fire her wrestling coach frfr too many failed single leg attempts

— Curtis Blaydes (@RazorBlaydes265) October 13, 2019

Ribas officially stuffed all six takedown attempts by Dern. #UFCTampa

— Michael Carroll (@MJCflipdascript) October 13, 2019

Dern’s style of keeping her left hand low and chin high, while taking terrible shots and swinging over hand rights, sure was difficult to watch.

— Brandon Gibson (@SixGunGibson) October 13, 2019

30×27 x3!@AmandaRibasUFC gets the UD win over Dern at #UFCTampa pic.twitter.com/14msNZMHl7

— UFC (@ufc) October 13, 2019

#UFCTampa results: @AmandaRibasUFC def. Mackenzie Dern via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27) https://t.co/H5NuiGXmV5

— MMA Junkie (@MMAjunkie) October 13, 2019

Voir l'article complet